NOTICE: THERE IS A NEW AND MORE STREAMLINED WHITELIST ON THE NEW DEADWORKERS WEBSITE. AS THAT SITE IS GETTING AS MUCH/MORE TRAFFIC AS THIS PLACE, WE RECOMMEND YOU APPLY TO BE WHITELISTED AT http://deadworkers.enjin.com/shaftlands! NEAR THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE IS THE APPLICATION FORM, JUST FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS AND YOU'LL BE GOOD TO GO.
TO THOSE WHO HAVE ALREADY APPLIED HERE, UNFORTUNATELY THE ONLY WAY TO BE WHITELISTED IS TO REAPPLY ON THE NEW FORUMS AS THE PROCESS IS ENTIRELY DIFFERENT ON THE BACK-END. WE'RE REALLY SORRY FOR THE WAIT AND INCONVENIENCE.
THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE AND BEING AWESOME!
In order to be accepted onto the server and be able to play all applicants will have to sign that they have read and understand the rules below. These rules will remain here as reference should you ever need to refresh your memory. We hope that everyone can maintain the spirit that has made this community such an amazing place to be over the years.
All rules apply not only to the Minecraft server, but also Ventrilo and the forums themselves. Breaking the rules in one place can reap consequences in all places.1) Respect
- Respect other players. Serious name calling, insulting, bashing on religious/political/other accounts, and all other forms of verbal attack are not allowed on the server.
- Respect other players' creations. Griefing will not be tolerated on the server. The people who play spend precious time and materials building their creations and anyone caught ruining that work will be dealt with. This includes building over/under/too close to someone's building/area, irresponsible placement of snow golems, and to a lesser extent nature griefing (stripping beaches without prettying them up after and leaving floating trees).2) No cheating
- Any mod that gives you an advantage over other players is not allowed, unless we specifically say it is. This includes (but is not limited to): flymods, x-ray, auto harvesting/fishing, speed mods, and other such things. How or why you use the mod/hack is irrelevant; if you use one and it comes to our attention, you will be banned.
- No intentionally duping items or using game-altering bugs. You have to get your items fair and square, and bugs/glitches can allow you to do many things that are not allowed on the server.
- Allowed mods: Mini-maps (which don't reveal materials and caves), Mods that improve the chat handling, Mods like Optifine and Optifog that help to increase performance on slow machines, Inventory Tweak.3) No obscenities
- This is a family friendly server, and we intend to keep it that way. We're very much against buildings that are obscene, vulgar, and hateful. You may think it's funny to build genitals and swastikas; we do not.
- We reserve the right to ban outright (or refuse to whitelist) anyone we see with an offensive or obscene username. Just as what's said and done on the server should be family friendly, names featuring inappropriate content are able to be acted on.4) Obey the spirit of the rules
- Sometimes something will pop up that isn't clearly defined in the rules. In cases such as that, use your better judgment. Don't, however, try to be cute and clever to get around the rules. If we or the mods feel you're screwing around you will be punished.5) Ask Questions
- If you're unsure about anything, feel free to ask any of the mod team either on the forums or in game or, if it's concerning something that doesn't need mod help (IE: reporting a griefing), the community is almost always willing to lend a hand.6) Bans
- The server has tools in place to help the mods deal with bans and the people who need them. We employ Logblock and can easily access the chat logs. Lying to the mods if you've been banned is an almost surefire way to stay banned.
- All bans are considered final (read: permaban) unless otherwise told. If you believe you've been banned unfairly or if it was a mistake, please private message one of our mod team to get it sorted out. There's no guarentee that the ban will be uplifted, but it's always worth a shot. Keep in mind, though, that we trust our mod team. If discussions about being unbanned spiral into a he said/she said situation the mods will win EVERY time, as they can pull chat logs and logblock logs.
A word from the hosts (Brent Copeland, Eric Fullerton, and Wes Wilson):
We are admins, yes, but we are not here to mod the server. We have a team of mods that tend to that and they do a great job. We WILL take action when we are on if it's deemed necessary, but we are there primarily to build, learn, record entertainment, and have fun with folks rather than admin the server. Please keep the "come see my building" requests to a minimum; if we spent our time just doing that we'd never be able to do anything else, and we don't enjoy ignoring folks or having to say no to these requests. So please, help us out on this one. How to get on the server:
1) Read the rules above in detail
2) Do one or more of the following
- Leave a review of The Shaft on iTunes
- Follow us on Twitter
- Have an email or voicemail aired on The Shaft
- Subscribe to our Youtube channel
3) Reply to this thread with the statement "I have read all the rules above and I agree to follow them, and to accept the appropriate punishment for breaking the rules. My user id for Minecraft is <USER NAME HERE> and I have <ONE OR MORE OF FOUR OPTIONS HERE>"
Suggested reads before playing on the Shaftlands (why not do it while you wait to be whitelisted?)Shaftlands GuideBans GuideWhen your post disappears from this thread you've been added to the whitelist and have access to the server. If it disappears and you still do not have access please check your PMs, as we've sent you a message.
Hope to see you on the server soon!